As a student do you ever struggle with a lack of motivation? Are you need a little motivation to study hard and ace your next exam? Do you tend to make life harder than it needs to be?
You are supposed to be studying for the BIG test, midterms, or finals week. But for some reason you keep procrastinating by texting your friends, playing video games, or binge-watching Netflix.
A half hour goes by then it quickly turns into an hour. You are stuck in this rut of doing anything and everything but study for your exam.
Can you relate?
Motivation is tricky to maintain long-term but in the short-term a few motivational and inspirational quotes can be just what you need.
So we put together 55 extremely powerful quotes to help motivate you to study hard for your next big exam.
Trust us after you ace it you will feel incredible!
These motivational quotes for students are broken down into the following categories:
Overcoming Procrastination Quotes
1. Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday. – Don Marquis
2. Procrastination makes easy things hard, hard things harder. – Mason Cooley
3. Procrastination is like a credit card: it’s a lot of fun until you get the bill. – Christopher Parker
4. Procrastination is opportunity’s assassin. – Victor Kiam
5. My biggest regret could be summed up in one word, and that’s procrastination. – Ron Cooper
6. Procrastination is the thief of time. – Edward Young
7. The secret to getting ahead is getting started.
8. The expert in everything was once a beginner.
Removing Excuses Quotes
9. Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses. – George Washington Carver
10. The real man is one who always finds excuses for others, but never excuses himself. – Henry Ward Beecher
11. The day you take complete responsibility for yourself, the day you stop making any excuses, that’s the day you start to the top. – O.J. Simpson
12. It’s not the time to look for excuses. – Rafael Nadal
13. If it’s important to you, you’ll find a way. If it’s not, you’ll find excuses.
14. Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresea, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein. – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
Creating a Successful Mindset Quotes
15. Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do. – Pele
16. However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. – Stephen Hawking
17. Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. – Arthur Ashe
18. There are two kinds of people in this world: those who want to get things done and those who don’t want to make mistakes. – John Maxwell
19. Your positive action combined with positive thinking results in success. – Shiv Khera
20. Good things come to people who wait, but better things come to those who go out and get them.
21. I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have. – Thomas Jefferson
22. Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out. – Robert Collier
23. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. – Winston Churchill
24. Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better. – Jim Rohn
25. The secret of success is to do the common things uncommonly well. – John D. Rockefeller
26. Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential. – John Maxwell
Learning to Work Hard Quotes
27. Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did. – Newt Gingrich
28. There is no substitute for hard work. – Thomas Edison
29. Self-belief and hard work will always earn you success. – Virat Kohli
30. Through hard work, perseverance and a faith in God, you can live your dreams. – Ben Carson
31. The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary. – Vidal Sassoon
32. There are no traffic jams on the extra mile. – Zig Ziglar
33. There are no shortcuts to any place worth going. – Beverly Sills
34. If people only knew how hard I’ve worked to gain my mastery, it wouldn’t seem so wonderful at all. – Michelangelo
35. Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe. – Gail Devers
36. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. – Michael Jordan
37. If you’re going through hell, keep going. – Winston Churchill
38. Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently. – Henry Ford
39. You don’t drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there. – Ed Cole
40. I don’t measure a man’s success by how high he climbs, but how high he bounces when he hits the bottom. – George S. Patton
41. Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish. – John Quincy Adams
42. By perseverance, the snail reached the ark. – Charles Spurgeon
Believing Yourself Quotes
43. Follow your dreams, believe in yourself and don’t give up. – Rachel Corrie
44. Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do. – John Wooden
45. It always seems impossible until it’s done.
46. Believe you can and you’re halfway there.
47. Believe in yourself, take on your challenges, dig deep within yourself to conquer fears. Never let anyone bring you down. You got to keep going. – Chantal Sutherland
48. To excel at the highest level – or any level, really – you need to believe in yourself, and hands down, one of the biggest contributors to my self-confidence has been private coaching. – Stephen Curry
Finding Your Purpose Quotes
49. The purpose of human life is to serve and to show compassion and the will to help others. – Albert Schweitzer
50. Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction. – John F. Kennedy
51. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. – Stephen Hawking
52. The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows. – Sydney J. Harris
53. The purpose of our lives is to be happy. – Dalai Lama
54. When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way. – Wayne Dyer
55. I believe that God has put gifts and talents and ability on the inside of every one of us. When you develop that and you believe in yourself and you believe that you’re a person of influence and a person of purpose, I believe you can rise up out of any situation. – Joel Osteen